Effective date: July 31, 2015
Our Policy applies to all visitors, users, and others who access the Application ("Users").
Information We Collect
We do not collect personal information, including name, address, age, bank account information, marital status, or political or religious affiliations. We do not track your activity when visiting web pages online or while using another application. We collect the following types of information:
- When you use a mobile device like a tablet or phone to access our Application, we may access, collect and/or monitor the "device identifier" associated with your device. Device identifiers are small data files or similar data structures stored on or associated with your mobile device, which uniquely identify your mobile device. A device identifier may be data stored in connection with the device hardware or data stored in connection with the device's operating system or other software. This includes the UDID (Universal Device ID) on Android devices, and the IDFV (Identifier For Vendor) on iOS devices. The device identifier allows us to uniquely identify a mobile device/User.
- A device identifier may deliver information to us about how you use the Application. Some features of the Application may not function properly if use or availability of device identifiers is impaired or disabled.
- To facilitate your access to Sponsored Data, the Application determines your proximity to a sponsored event or location where Sponsored Data is available. To do so, the Application determines your location using information provided by your mobile device. You must enable location services on your mobile device to utilize the Application. We do not keep a history of your location, but we keep a record of the fact that you participated in a sponsored event or at a sponsored location.
How We Use Your Information
- provide, improve, test, and monitor the effectiveness of our Application;
- develop and test new products and features;
- monitor metrics such as total number of visitors, traffic, and data usage patterns (e.g., total data used);
- diagnose or fix technology problems;
- automatically update the Application on your device; and
- push sponsored content and information to your mobile device and others.
Sharing of Your Information
We may share your information with affiliates of BroadView Communications and third parties. Affiliates may use this information to help provide, understand, and improve the Application (including by providing analytics) and affiliates' own services (including by providing you with better and more relevant experiences). We may provide aggregated User information to providers of Sponsored Data to allow them to monitor metrics such as total number of visitors, traffic, and data usage patterns in connection with sponsored events or locations.
We may access, preserve and share your information in response to a legal request (like a search warrant, court order or subpoena) if we have a good faith belief that the law requires us to do so. This may include responding to legal requests from jurisdictions outside of the United States where we have a good faith belief that the response is required by law in that jurisdiction, affects users in that jurisdiction, and is consistent with internationally recognized standards. We may also access, preserve and share information when we have a good faith belief it is necessary to: detect, prevent and address fraud and other illegal activity; protect ourselves, you and others, including as part of investigations; or prevent death or imminent bodily harm. Information we receive about you may be accessed, processed and retained for an extended period of time when it is the subject of a legal request or obligation, governmental investigation, or investigations concerning possible violations of our terms or policies, or otherwise to prevent harm.
How We Store Your Information
Your information collected through the Application may be stored and processed in the United States or any other country in which BroadView Communications or its affiliates or service providers maintain facilities.
BroadView Communications, its affiliates or service providers may transfer information that we collect about you across borders and from your country or jurisdiction to other countries or jurisdictions around the world. If you are located in the European Union or other regions with laws governing data collection and use that may differ from U.S. law, please note that we may transfer information to a country and jurisdiction that does not have the same data protection laws as your jurisdiction.
We use commercially reasonable safeguards to help keep the information collected through the Application secure. Information is stored on hosted database servers, and communication with the database is encrypted. However, BroadView Communications cannot ensure the security of any information you transmit to Venue Zone or guarantee that information on the Application may not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed.
Following termination or deactivation of your account, BroadView Communications, its affiliates, or its service providers may retain your information for a commercially reasonable time for backup, archival, and/or audit purposes.
The Application is intended for persons over the age of 13. Venue Zone does not knowingly collect or solicit any information from anyone under the age of 13 or knowingly allow such persons to use the Application. The Application and its content are not directed at children under the age of 13. We do not collect personal information from Users, but in the event that we learn that we have collected personal information from a child under age 13 without parental consent, we will delete that information as quickly as possible. If you believe that we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us.
Other Web Sites and Applications
How to Contact Us
© Copyright 2015 BroadView Communications, LLC. All rights reserved.